Get ready to explore the Cederberg and experience the excitement that is the Senor Scout Adventure!
10-21 December 2020.
Who can join?
Scout Patrols where all Scouts are over the age of 15 (barring very exceptional circumstances) but not yet turned 18 at the start of the Adventure, qualify to enter. Scouter Patrols where all adults are over the age of 18 are welcome to enter too.
What to expect?
- Soar above the water at Clanwilliam Dam, enjoying the excitement of PARASAILING. Pit your stalking skills and courage against the opposing team in a fast-moving, exciting PAINTBALL field game.
- At the Water Activities Centre enjoy BOARD SAILING, SAILING and WATER SKIING. Enjoy the fun of diving for sunken treasure at the DIVING Centre.
- Learn amazing facts about the universe and explore the brilliant night sky at the ASTRONOMY Centre. And there’s more! Cook your friends and yourself a delicious meal, and biscuits using a reflector oven, at the DUTCH OVEN COOKING Centre.
- Experience the thrills and exhilaration of ROCK CLIMBING on the cliffs of the Cederberg Tafelberg.
- Take part in a GOLD RUSH and prospect for gold like the old-timers by learning how to pack burros correctly, how to pan for gold. Enjoy assembling of components at the ELECTRONICS Centre. Relax in the shade of the HANDCRAFTS Centre, making yourself a colourful T-shirt by tie-dyeing and other useful articles.
- At the unusual HANDICAPPED AWARENESS Centre have fun learning what it is like to have a physical handicap when playing sport or in other activities. It may not sound all that exciting, but in past Adventures it was rated one of the 3 most popular activities.
- Other amazing base activities include, Archery, Pizza Making, and much much more!
Bookings will open at www.scouts.org.za/adventure on 1 April 2020.
For participants a deposit of R3000 is due by 31 July 2020 and full payment by 30 September 2020. Staff payments are due by 30 September 2020